Homeschool Workshops: Who is Julie?
I never expected saying, "yes" would lead to this!
Yes, family. I will lead our homeschool.
Yes, child. I will invite people to play (Minecraft, Magic: the Gathering, Role Play, Kid Entrepreneur) with you.
Yes, friend. I will listen; I will share my story; I will walk alongside you on this homeschool path.
By saying yes I have met dozens of homeschool parents who inspire me and marveled at the power and passion our community has.
And I have wondered, what can I do to tap into that power and passion? How can we support each other?
- I can define a date and time, and find a place for us to meet.
- I can invite people to join me.
- I can draw on my experience as a teacher to create a "lesson plan" for how we will use our time together.
- I can tap into the work I did as a graduate student helping to train future professors to become teachers (not just researchers).
- Whole-heartedly, I can take a step forward and hope for the best.
So that's what I'm doing. But who am I?
I am a wife and a mother. I am a friend. I'm an advocate for neurodiversity and an ally of the LGBTQ+ community. I read a lot. I do Kundalini yoga every day and twice on Sundays. I am an introvert, a writer, and a teacher.
And like many of you I am a person willing to say, yes, I will try.
Now my question is: Will you say "yes" to my invitation to attend the Homeschool Workshops? I hope so.
Julie Schneider, MSE, MA
Owner & Creator of Boco Learning, LLC